Since 2013 we have been building ovens and teaching people to bake. We create space for economic empowerment, skills development and we want people to eat really good bread.
Enabling small-scale artisan bakers to bake in off-the-grid rocket ovens. To create a collective of artisan bakers who introduce their customers to alternative grains and wholesome bread.
What We've Achieved
- Developed wood-fired rocket ovens that are completely off the grid and custom-designed to bake artisan bread.
- Trained nearly 40 bakers since 2013.
- Set up eight BREADshops since 2013.
- Established Jedd's Handcrafted, our own BREADshop, based in Kalk Bay.
- Been part of the University of Cape Town's post-graduate programme for entrepreneurship, teaching creativity to Management students.